Join the Akron Marathon Charitable Corporation Staff and Summa Center for Sports Health for a FREE three-part seminar series educating runners on proper marathon training and preparation. This year's topics will cover a variety of topics on running and well-being.
Session 1: Runner Specific Exercises to Build Strong Hips and Core
- Importance of having strong hip and core muscles to reduce injury
- Building strong hip and core muscles to improve performance
- Please note: This program will consist of a demonstration and active participation of strength training exercises. Please come dressed in workout clothes.
Session 2: Common Running Injury Treatment and Prevention & Mental Skills for Runners
- Preventing common running injuries
- Treating common running injuries
- "Training the Mind for Peak Performance: Mental Skills for Runners" featuring Sam Maniar, Team Psychologist for the Cleveland Browns
Session 3: Understanding Various Recovery Methods & Carbohydrate and Protein Needs for the Distance Runner
- Review common recovery methods (ice baths, compression, foam rolling, etc.)
- Learn how to balance carbohydrate and protein intake