Find the best spots along our courses to make some noise and cheer on runners.
Spectators are a vital part of creating an exciting race atmosphere in Akron. Whether you’re here in support of one particular runner, or present to cheer on the masses, be sure to check out our spectator hot spots for enjoyable experiences throughout the Akron Children’s Hospital Akron Marathon Race Series!
Akron Marathon, Half Marathon, & Team Relay
The Akron Marathon will start at 217 S. High Street at 7:00 a.m. With a downtown start, spectators have great opportunities to see the runners from various points that require very little walking.
- Start watching the race north of the Start Line located at 217 S. High Street
- After the start, take a leisurely stroll one block east to Broadway and head south to University. Here you’ll be able to see runners just after mile 6.
- Head south on Broadway to Exchange St; to see runners at mile 8.
- Walk one block west to the west side of High Street to see the runners come back through the Start Line near mile 12
- Walk one more block west to S. Main St. and enter Canal Park Stadium. Head to the Family Reunion Area, sections 1-5, for a great view of the Finish Line and wait for your family and friends to rejoin you here.
Please note: Spectators are not permitted into runners-only areas, including on the field, on the Diamond Boardwalk, or past section 19 on the stadium concourse.
Goodyear Half Marathon & 10K
The Goodyear Half Marathon & 10K will start at 200 Innovation Way. With a shared start and finish, spectators have great opportunities to see the runners from various points that require very little walking. Spectators will be able to see runners start the race, again at mile 2.2 and then at the finish line. All the while spectators can enjoy the finish line band and purchase iconic Akron food from the food trucks onsite.
8K & 1-Mile
The 8k & 1-mile will start on Union Street near the intersection of Union Street and Exchange Street at 10:00 a.m. With a Start and Finish at InfoCision Stadium, spectators have great opportunities to see the runners from various points that require very little walking.
- Start watching the race just outside the stadium on Union St./Brown St.
- After the start, take a leisurely stroll one block east to Spicer Street. Here you will be able to see runners at mile 1.
- From Spicer, head back towards the start line to enter the stadium at Gate 1 and head down onto the field, using stairs at section 120, to cheer on the runners as they finish. Spectators may also enter the stadium through Gate 2.
BLUE LINE BLOCK PARTIES
Help us keep our runners pumped up along the courses! If you live along the Blue Line, get a group of friends and family together to cheer on runners as they make their way along our course. We’ll even provide you a block party kit with festive items and noise makers to get the party started. If you are interested in hosting a Blue Line block party, please contact us!