NATIONAL INTERSTATE 8K & 1 MILE
AWARDS & SCORING
Do you have what it takes to become the Akron Children’s Hospital Akron Marathon Race Series champion?
Top three overall men/women as well as top three masters men/women will receive awards in the 8k & 1-mile events. Age group awards will be given to the top three men/women in each age group of the 8k only.
Age Groups are as follows: 19 and Under, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, and 70+. You can only win one award (i.e. Overall Winners are not eligible for Age Group Awards)
*Please note: 1-mile participants are not eligible for Age Group Awards
**For the June and August events, where no prize money is involved, participants can only win one award. Overall placements are weighted more heavily than Master’s placements, therefore if you are an athlete over 40 years old and place in the top 3 overall, you will be awarded the Overall Placement that you earned. Overall and Master’s winners will be removed from Age Group Awards.
8K Event Records
- Men’s Open 8K – Bobby Moldovan – 24:57 (2017)
- Women’s Open 8K – Becki Spellman– 29:30 (2017)
- Men’s Masters 8K – Damon Blackford – 29:39 (2015)
- Women’s Masters 8K – Teresa Ferguson – 31:43 (2015)
1-Mile Event Records
- Men’s Open 1-Mile – Andy Knapp – 4:31 (2015)
- Women’s Open 1-Mile – Faye Hellman – 5:34 (2016)
- Men’s Masters 1-Mile – Craig Nieset – 4:47 (2017)
- Women’s Masters 1-Mile – Michelle Farr – 5:51 (2015)
Running the entire Akron Children’s Hospital Akron Marathon Race Series? You are eligible for Series awards, too! Whether you are running the 8k or 1-mile, you can earn points through participation and performance to compete for the title of “Series Champion”. For more information, please visit the Series Scoring page.