Goodyear Half Marathon & 10k
AWARDS & SCORING
Do you have what it takes to become the Akron Children’s Hospital Akron Marathon Race Series champion?
Top three overall men/women as well as top three masters men/women will receive awards in both the half marathon & 10k events. Age group awards will also be given to the top three men/women in each age group.
Age Groups are as follows: 19 and Under, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, and 70+. You can only win one award (i.e. Overall Winners are not eligible for Age Group Awards)
*For the June and August events, where no prize money is involved, participants can only win one award. Overall placements are weighted more heavily than Master’s placements, therefore if you are an athlete over 40 years old and place in the top 3 overall, you will be awarded the Overall Placement that you earned. Overall and Master’s winners will be removed from Age Group Awards.
Half Marathon Event Records
- Men’s Open Half Marathon – David Petrak – 1:08:21 (2015)
- Women’s Open Half Marathon – Emma McCarron – 1:21:15 (2018)
- Men’s Masters Half Marathon – Damon Blackford – 1:19:46 (2015)
- Women’s Masters Half Marathon – Beth Woodward – 1:26:23 (2015)
10K Event Records
- Men’s Open 10K – Aiman Scullion – 33:14 (2017)
- Women’s Open 10K – Kelsi Nutter – 34:50 (2017)
- Men’s Masters 10K – Charles Novak – 35:47 (2018)
- Women’s Masters 10K – Michelle Farr – 40:37 (2015)
Running the entire Akron Children’s Hospital Akron Marathon Race Series? You are eligible for Series awards, too! Whether you are running the Half Marathon or 10k, you can earn points through participation and performance to compete for the title of “Akron Children’s Hospital Akron Marathon Race Series Champion”. For more information, please visit the Series Scoring page.