OUR PLEDGE TO SUPPORT RACIAL JUSTICE
The Akron Marathon Charitable Corporation (AMCC), our Board of Directors, staff, team members, and volunteers stand against racism and social injustice.
Since 2003, our mission and vision has focused on the health and wellness of our community, while seeking to create and manage dynamic, customer-centric events, and programs that deliver opportunities to promote active lifestyles for everyone in our community. Unfortunately, due to systemic racism, those opportunities aren’t equal for everyone. We are committed to helping everyone—no matter their race, gender, background or ability—advance their well-being safely and without fear or discrimination.
Our actions to date:
- Our board and staff completed diversity training
- Made diversity a priority in vendor and partner selection
- Made diversity a priority in staffing
- Made diversity a priority in event and marketing materials
We are also committed to:
- Creating an environment that embraces diversity and inclusion
- Listening and learning while working towards policies and programs that stand against racism
- Developing diversity & inclusion programs with an immediate focus on strategies to recruit participants of color