Partners & PLaces
Whether you are beginning or have been running for years, learn more about fine tuning your training below.
Information and Registration Sessions
Have you ever thought about participating in the Akron Marathon or know someone who has been on the fence? Well, now is your chance to find out all you need to know about walking or running at one of the three Akron Marathon Information & Registration Nights. Events will include training and event information as well as registration incentives available to first timers. Each event will offer a different theme as scheduled below:
Session 1: Beginners & Walkers
March 23, 2017 @ 6:00 p.m.
Acme Fresh Market-Akron / Community Room (1835 W. Market Street)
This session is perfect for those who are looking to become active but are not yet ready to run, those who have recently started an active lifestyle, and walkers.
Check out the schedule for the first session here!
Session 2: Becoming a Runner
April 19, 2017 @ 6:00 p.m.
Acme Fresh Market-Green / Community Room (3875 Massillon Rd.)
This session is ideal for those looking to start running and have their sights on signing up for their very first race.
Session 3: Run Your First Marathon
May 18, 2017 @ 6:00 p.m.
Acme Fresh Market-Montrose / Community Room (3979 Medina Rd.)
This session is designed for those who run on a regular basis and want to run their first marathon.
Places to train
Enjoy your runs with a local running group or check out the scenic beauty of nearby trails.
Group Run Opportunities
- Summit Athletic Running Club – Sundays @ 8am
- Crooked River Trail Runners – Thursdays @ 6:30pm
- Second Sole Akrun – Saturdays @ 8am
- Portage Lakes Running Club – Tuesdays @ 6:30pm
- Medina County Road Runners – Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6pm, Sundays @ 7am
- Wooster Running Club – Wednesdays @ 6pm, Saturdays @ 8am
- Jackson Running Group – Various Days
- Cleveland West Road Runners Club - Thursdays 6pm, Saturdays 7:30am, Sundays 8am
- Ohio Running Network
- Northeast Ohio Fit- Saturday mornings
Places to Train
- Summit Metro Parks
- Cuyahoga Valley National Park
- The Towpath Trail
- Cleveland Metroparks
- Stark County Parks
- Portage County Parks