In this training series brought to you by SummaCare, runners have the opportunity to meet-up with Summa Health providers before hitting the Blue Line as a group! All distances and paces are welcome, including walkers. Here’s what to expect:
- Each meet-up will include a brief talk about relevant running topics – such as the importance of long runs, tips for setting new personal records, and post-race recovery.
- Then, the doctor will run along with you on various sections of the Blue Line and be available for questions and suggestions as you move through your group run.
- Every run of the series will introduce you to a new Summa Health provider and cover different race-related topics.
- Take part in this unique running experience!
Check out the below schedule of running events. Health topics that will be covered include:
- Heart rate zone training
- Cross training
- Nutrition on the run
Other Summa Health specialists may also make a guest appearance to talk about new innovations in their specialty.
Distances listed below are maximums. A representative from the Akron Marathon will be present to assist runners and walkers of all levels.
We look forward to seeing you on the Blue Line with us!
|DATE||TIME||MEETING LOCATION||DISTANCE||PARKING||SPEAKER TOPIC||REGISTER|
|Saturday, September 9, 2023||7:00 a.m.||Art Museum, 1 S. High Street||20 OR 9 OR 4 miles||High and Market Parking Deck, 40 S. High Street / anywhere downtown||Tapering||REGISTER|
Blue Line Run: Saturday, September 9
⏰ 7:00 AM
📍 Meet at the Start Line located at the Akron Art Museum, 1 S. High Street
🅿️ Free parking in the deck across the street
❓ Dr. Shah will be talking about tapering before the run and available to answer other questions!
🏃♀️ 3 different distances:
- 4 mile run for those training for the Team Relay
- 9 mile run for those training for the Half Marathon
- 20 mile run for those training for the Full Marathon
💧 Supported course!
There will be 3 fluid stations on course for the 20-mile route and 1 fluid station for the 9 mile route. In addition, fluids will be at the finish for all 3 distances.