In this exciting new training series brought to you by SummaCare, runners have the opportunity to meet-up with Summa Health providers before hitting the Blue Line as a group! All distances and paces are welcome, including walkers. Here’s what to expect:
- Each meet-up will include a brief talk about relevant running topics – such as the importance of long runs, tips for setting new personal records, and post-race recovery.
- Then, the doctor will run along with you on various sections of the Blue Line and be available for questions and suggestions as you move through your group run.
- Every run of the series will introduce you to a new Summa Health provider and cover different race-related topics.
- Take part in this unique running experience!
Check out the below schedule of running events. Health topics that will be covered include:
- Balancing nutrition intake with training volume
- Hydration tips while running in the heat
- Nutrition on the run
- Nutrition tips after hard/long training to help aid recovery
Other Summa Health specialists may also make a guest appearance to talk about new innovations in their specialty.
Distances listed below are maximums. A representative from the Akron Marathon will be present to assist runners and walkers of all levels.
We look forward to seeing you on the Blue Line with us!
2023 dates will be added Spring 2023!